A new job description arising out of the new economy is that of the facility manager. The job description is self-explanatory. It involves looking after every aspect involving the work space.
Unfortunately in India, the power scenario is yet to work efficiently and continues to worry the new generation always alert facility manager. Power failure & substandard quality power perhaps are the biggest curses of modern India.
The ideal solution is to have your own captive power stations. This also has its own headaches of operation and maintenance. A generator needs high-end and quality maintenance as it is a complex machine .Also the requirements of the various industries are varied and up gradation of DG capacity becomes a continuous process in the ever-changing growth dynamics of modern companies. This is not at all a financially viable proposition.
The best you can do is to rent a genset from a reputed agency and concentrate on your core business while the power rental company takes care of your power needs completely.
Why DG rentals ?
If you fall into any of these categories, renting power would make a lot of business sense.
1. Is yours a software development facility or a call center where total dependable quality power is a must?
2. Are you a computerized modern bank or an insurance company where you promise 24 hours service to your customers?
3. Is your company fast growing and expansions a regular process?
4. Is your company catering to orders which may not last long and the load requirement decreases/increases frequently?
5. Are you a mobile phone service provider where 100% uptime of your tower stations are as important as your business ?
6. Are you setting up a new enterprise and is it going to take some time to reach full capacity?
7. You don’t want to make capital investments in captive power
Here is a comparison of owning captive power vs renting a genset
|Having Own Genset||Having a long-term rental contract|
|Standby Generator to the standby Genset||–||Many|
|Generator Technician / Service Engineers||–||Many|
|Service from Annual maintenance contractor/Hirer||8 hours on all working days||24 Hours & 365 Days|
|Additional Generator Room||Required||Not Required|
|Separate technician/Service experts||Required||Not Required|
|Access to service team||–||Always available at site|
|Enhancing/reducing the DG capacity whenever your load increases/decreases||Huge expenses to be icurred and the old set becomes a second hand piece losing value||Just order to enhance the capacity and relax. Saving on fuel cost by using the correct capacity|
|Worries & Headaches||yes||zero|
|Round the clock professional support||Not sure||yes|
|Monthly cash flow||variable||Fixed|